Airdrie Waste Management as of Oct. 1 has joined GFL Environmental. Welcome, Airdrie Waste Management Customers!
Effective Nov. 30, the transfer station and recycling depot has been relocated to 33 Laut Crescent (across the street from the current location.) There will be no changes to our daily operations of the transfer station or recycling depot. Just expect to see a change in the colour of our vehicles; bright yellow E360S trucks.
The Transfer Site and Recycling Depot is located at 33 Laut Crescent.
- Use of the recycling depot is free
- Call for transfer site fees
Acceptable transfer site material:
- Household waste
- Mixed paper
- Clear glass (no ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors)
- Automotive batteries
- Used engine oil and filters
- Electronic waste (Alberta’s Electronic Recycling Program)
- Alberta Recycling Management Authority has expanded the electronics recycling with a two-year electronics pilot program to include audio visual equipment, telecom, cell phone, electronic gaming equipment and small home appliances.
- Appliances (For fridges, freezers and water coolers, there is a $28 charge for freon removal)
- Grass and leaves (seasonal)
- Christmas trees (seasonal)
- Branches – less than six inches in diameter (No stumps. These are to be placed out with garbage.)
- Cell phones
- Paint and aerosol cans
- All plastic recycling materials #1-7
- Food waste
Acceptable recycling materials are the same as curbside recycling. In addition, residents can also bring branches, leaves and organic compost to the recycle depot.
A bin for electronics is available at the Transfer Site for eligible electronics under Alberta’s Electronic Recycling Program.
Acceptable electronics for recycling:
- computers, servers
- monitors – flat screen
- laptop computers
- desktop computers
- multi-function printers
- computer speakers
- computer cables
- televisions (all sizes)
- combo televisions