City of Kelowna
City of Kelowna
Environmental 360 Solutions is excited to commence collection on June 1, 2019 for the Central Okanagan which includes the City of Kelowna, the City of West Kelowna, the District of Lake County, the District of Peachland and the Central Okanagan East and Electoral Areas. With a total population of 194,882, E360S will be providing curbside collection services to 59,000 homes with a new fleet of automated CNG (Compressed Natural Gas ) powered collection vehicles equipped with GPS and RFID for garbage, recycling and yard waste collection.
E360S’s new CNG fleet of collection vehicles will lower GHG (Greenhouse Gas) emissions and accelerate the City’s transition to lower carbon usage and lower emissions growth.
For more information, to report a damaged cart or missed pick up, please contact the Kelowna office at:
For information on your collection schedule, what goes where, what to recycle and other important links and events, visit the Regional District of Central Okanagan website at regionaldistrict.com/recycle or download the Recycle Coach app.
As COVID-19 continues to impact services across the community it’s important to keep garbage collection and waste management running smoothly. Garbage collection is considered an essential service and the RDCO Waste Reduction Office and its member municipalities are working together to ensure the least amount of disruption to service over the coming weeks and months. In order to reduce the strain on all waste services, the residents in Kelowna, Lake Country, West Kelowna, and Peachland are asked to note the following important reminders and changes below.
As of March 25, 2020, the following will be suspended at this time to ensure garbage collection can continue smoothly:
- Tag-a-Bags for extra garbage will no longer be accepted.
- Cart upgrades and change outs will be suspended at this time. However, carts for New Homes and replacements for Inoperable and Missing carts will continue as usual.
- Cash will no longer be accepted as payment at the Westside Transfer Station in West Kelowna or at the Glenmore Landfill in Kelowna. Please use contactless methods of payment such as Debit or Credit Card.
By way of clarification on Bin Deliveries:
- Only inoperable carts that need to be replaced and new homes without carts will have bin delivery service.
- Ultimately, this will mean less manual work for the drivers rather than having to pick up a bag
- Upgrades and carts with minimal damage where the carts can still work will not be replaced at this time
- Tag-a-bags will no longer be accepted for now
To stay updated on our response to the COVID-19 Pandemic please contact Environmental 360 Solutions (E360S) at 250-868-3211 or visit the Regional District of Central Okanagan’s website and download the Recycle Coach App at https://www.regionaldistrict.com/your-services/waste-reduction-office.aspx.